Dry hair is the term described for hair that is generally dry. Hair looks lifeless, unruly and without any body if hair is dry.
Luckily there are ways to revive dry hair and you may be surprised that most of these remedies are found in your kitchen cabinet.
Try Olive oil, coconut oil or sunflower oil
Dry hair may be treated with natural oils. Olive oil, coconut oil or sunflower oil may be heated and then massaged on hair and scalp. These oils have natural properties that revitalize hair and scalp.
Regular use can make your hair livelier and give it more volume.
- Simply massage oil on the scalp using firm circular motions using your fingertips.
- Massage the oil from the nape of the neck to the front part of the scalp.
- Allow the oil to remain on hair for 20 to 30 minutes and then clean your hair with a moisturizing shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week, preferably during the weekends.
Try Whole Milk
Use whole milk to revitalize your dry hair.
- Pour milk into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and mix.
The natural properties of milk will moisturize hair from the roots to the tips while honey takes care of any scalp irritation.
- Place the mixture over your hair and gently massage it all over your scalp and hair.
- Put a shower cap over your hair and allow the mixture to remain on hair for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair afterward.
- Use this treatment at least once a week.
Try Tea Tree Oil
Another way on to get rid of dry hair is to use tea tree oil. This oil has natural properties that can help to rejuvenate your hair.
Its anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe an irritated scalp and reduce dryness.
- Add a few drops of potent tea tree oil in your regular shampoo.
- Shake it vigorously every time you use it.
- Use this shampoo regularly.
See also: 5 Essential Oils That Are Great For Your Hair
As a part of my tips to get rid of dry hair, avoiding certain things that will damage your hair can help too.
- Avoid using hair dryers, blowers, curling irons and flat irons on your hair.
- Avoid unnecessary treatments such as coloring, straighteners and rebonding treatments that could also dry out hair.
Take supplements and eat a healthy diet to boost your hair's health.
By following these simple strategies, you will be able to get rid of dry hair in no time!