Do you want to know how to get rid of ingrown nails? Here are some tips to get rid of them.
The toenails are the most susceptible to becoming ingrown nails. This is when the nail has grown into itself. The result is a very painful and very unpleasant experience.
When you have ingrown nails, you need to find ways to the reduce pain and eventually find a way to remove ingrown nails.
Try Removing It
Soaking your feet, or the affected foot, in hot water with Epsom salt. This will help soften your toenail to reduce pain and prevent infection of the ingrown nail.
- Place hot water and Epsom salts in a small basin enough to soak your foot.
- After 15 to 30 minutes, remove your foot
- Use a nail clipper to cut your nails.
- Your nails should be cut straight without any pointed areas especially the edges.
- Now that your nails are softer, you can now cut your ingrown nail.
- Use a small piece of cotton ball and with a pair tweezers. Place the piece of cotton between the area where the ingrown nail was and skin. This will keep ingrown nails from growing back.
- The toe where your ingrown nail was will be prone to developing infection, so place an antibacterial ointment on the area.
- After applying liberal amounts of antibacterial ointment, place a bandage around the toe. This will keep the medication on the skin and prevent dust and dirt from infecting your toe.
It will be difficult to wear close-fitting shoes after you have removed your ingrown nail. Give your foot some air and wear sandals or slippers instead. When lying down or resting, try to keep the affected foot elevated.
Another way to get rid of ingrown nails is to prevent in the first place. Here are some tips to remember.
- Replace tight-fitting shoes with loose ones that will allow your feet to breathe.
- Make sure that you are wearing the right size shoes.
- Avoid getting pedicures if you suffer from ingrown nails.
- Keep your toenails at just the right length
- Use toenail clippers so you can adequately trim even the edge of your toenails.
It is possible for ingrown nails to come back. By following these tips for getting rid of ingrown nails, you will be able to avoid the pain and discomfort of dealing with this condition.
Prevention will also save you a lot of worry as well!